"Preferring to date a race isn’t racist! It’s like preferring a certain hair color or height"
Let me break this down:
- Race is a social construct invented by Western Europeans to justify chattel slavery. Preferences aren’t biological or something you are born with, because race didn’t even exist until about 500 years ago.
- Among PoC, there is no race/ethnic group/country where all the people have anything in common besides being from a certain part of the world. Among PoC, there is no race where every member has the same skin color, hair color, hair type, eye color, language, clothing, culture, etc.
- The only race whose members all have something in common is white- all white people have to have light skin in order to be white. This rule was created by white people themselves, and is intentionally exclusive.
- Don’t even pretend that you don’t know there is a racial hierarchy in beauty. Everyone knows that in Western culture white women are seen as the most desirable, black women are seen as the least desirable, and everyone else is in the middle. Funny how these “innate” and “random” preferences seem to line up perfectly with white beauty standards/white supremacist ideals.
- No more false equivalencies. PoC not wanting to date white people is not the same as the reverse. PoC almost never believe that white people are unattractive/ugly, they just find it too difficult to meet a white person who is actively unlearning and working to dismantle white supremacy.
- Stop trying to defend yourself. If you have racial or ethnic preferences, whether they are positive or negative, you are the problem, stop blaming it on everyone else. You have to acknowledge and unlearn whatever stereotype you’ve absorbed.
Like a previous post I made, this post is also not a place to try to debate whether racial preferences are bad or not. I’ve made my statement based on pretty obvious facts about Western culture and white supremacy. If you don’t agree, move on.
However, feel free to share your experiences with this (either involving you or someone else).
I see y’all
lol, you find one pic with obvious color saturation and use it as evidence, yeah ok.
Let me also mention this: Literally not all Black people have dark skin. So before you start rolling out your pictures of light skinned Ancient Egyptians in hieroglyphs, please.
You do realize, anon, that there’s literal simiarities between Ancient Egyptian garbs and garbs of African ethnicities today?
Linguistic unity with Southern and Western African languages?
Not to mention there’s been a method invented for determining the level of melanin in the skin of human beings??
"Diop conducted the melanin test on Egyptian mummies at the Museum of Man in Paris, and determined the levels found in the dermis and epidermis of a small sample would classify all ancient Egyptians as “unquestionably among the Black races.”
You do realize that Egypt is in Africa.
You do realize this, right? I know crackers aren’t the best with things like that.
Also, you DO realize that there have been invasions by other peoples that have altered the modern day appearance of the Egyptian populace, so using the “BUT WHY AREN’T THEY BLACK TODAY” argument is more than slightly irrelevant.
I know, mayo, I know. You are adamant that in order to accomplish something, be praised and revered throughout history, a population has to be white.
That only white people are worth remembering for their achievements and historical amazements.
I get it.
You’re upset it’s not about you.
#where is the lie
[Image that says:
Effects of racism on white children:
-Denial of reality
-Fear and hatred
Effect of racism on children of color:
-Overidentification with white people
-Separation and alienation
-Confusion and bewilderment
-Anger and Rage
Roots & Wings: Affirming Culture in Early Childhood Programs, writtem by Stacey York, published by Redleaf Press, 2003.]
(Source: indigenous-rising, via euthanizeallwhitepeople)
Matt Stone and Trey Parker have done more to make our generation crueler than nearly anyone else, because they can get away with it under the guise of “this is satire, duh”, not realizing that poorly-done satire only reinforces the cultural forces it is meant to mock. When…
There’s only one question that needs to be asked and I bet it’ll solve the problem:
Why are you letting anyone under the age of 18 watch this show? It’s clearly for adults.
Exactly this, there are plenty of adult entertainment programmes that are potentially harmful to a developing 13 year old mind but that is why it’s ADULT ENTERTAINMENT.
Comparing this to the likes of westboro is a false equivalency at best and on consideration of the number of likes/reblogs this has… wilful mental gymnastics at worst.